Friday 6 March 2009

Friday, 6th March 2009

Dad dropped a bombshell yesterday. (He certainly chooses his moments.) We're going to have to sell the house and move out. Apparently his business is in crisis. Why didn't he tell us about this before? Why does he have to keep everything secret from us? Lucas and I are adults now! I wish he'd start treating us like grown-ups and stop shouldering everything himself. I mean, is there anything else he hasn't told us about?

I can't actually believe that we'll be leaving this place. This is where we grew up - went to school across the canal. It was Mum's house; her memory lives in here. I can't leave.

I was so angry when he told us - especially with it being the anniversary - that I couldn't help but broach the subject of his other "secret". Okay, not great timing on my part either, I know, but I couldn't let him get away with it. I needed to lash out. I made him tell Lucas about Mum. Typically, Lucas stormed off.

I'm so sick of this dysfunctional family. I just want to run away.

Met Tayeshka on the Heath for a picnic. I really needed to get away and be with somebody new. She kissed me. Never been kissed by a girl before. Well, not "girl" - "woman". It felt different - daring. Dad would kill me if he knew! But I don't know what to do next - should I text her? Call? Feeling tingly thinking about it :).

No comments:

Post a Comment